Every year, Citizens, Refugees and Immigration Canada invite applications for Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) from eligible international candidates seeking to immigrate to the Province of Nova Scotia, Canada. Nova Scotia is one of eastern Canada’s Maritime provinces on the Atlantic with administrative center in Halifax and popular cities such as listed in table 1 below. The steps below will help you get invitations to apply (ITAs) for Nova Scotia, Canada. Applicants who receive an ITA will become eligible to apply for job opportunities, Citizenship or permanent residence in any province in Canada. The first thing candidates need to do is to express their interest.
Nova Scotia Immigration
The Government of Province of Nova Scotia offer excellent immigration opportunities to skilled and unskilled immigrants who wish to call any of the cities or towns home. They also welcome temporary visa applicants who wish to visit Canada for study or tourism. People choose Nova Scotia for different reasons. It is no wonder that so many Nova Scotians living abroad return home to raise their families. Nova Scotia’s slow pace means families are able to spend more time together and participate in the many fun activities offered throughout the province. It is very affordable to buy a home in Nova Scotia. The cost of living is actually one of the lowest in Canada. In 2011, the average value of a home in Nova Scotia was $201,991, compared to $345,182 for all of Canada.
How to Apply for Nova Scotia Immigration
Once you are ready to move to beautiful Nova Scotia you will want to apply to a Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) stream. Through the NSNP, prospective immigrants who have the skills and experience targeted by Nova Scotia may be nominated to immigrate. Review the different NSNP streams via Nova Scotia office of Immigration to determine if you qualify:
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
- International Graduate Entrepreneur
- Skilled Worker
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
Top Cities in Nova Scotia for Immigrants
The population of all cities and towns in Nova Scotia with more than 5,000 inhabitants by census years. Job offers exist for landing immigrants in each of these cities and towns, irrespective of country of origin. To see open jobs, please visit: jobs in Nova Scotia.
|Cape Breton (Sydney)||Com||…||117,403||114,733||105,968||102,250||97,398||29,904|
Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program – Application guide
Just like every other province of Canada, immigrants can come to Nova Scotia for many reasons some of which include study (universities and colleges in Nova Scotia), to seek employment in various skilled industries in any of top cities or municipalities or to become a permanent resident. Before applying, Nova Scotia PNP applicants should bear in mind that receiving an Invitation to apply (ITA) does not automatically mean that an application will be accepted. Follow the steps below to get an invitation for application:
Steps to get ITA by Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Stream:
- Expression of Interest
- Invitation to Apply
- Attend Face-to-face interview and Business Performance Agreement
- Possess a Work Permit and Business Establishment in Nova Scotia
- Request for Nomination
- Fill in the application for Permanent Residence
Eligibility for Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Stream
- Must be of Age 21 or above
- Desire to live permanently in Nova Scotia as an Entrepreneur of a business
- The worth of the business should not be less than $600,000
- Basic investment of the business should not be less than $150,000
- At least 3 years of experience of governing an owned commercial firm (minimum 33% ownership) OR above 5 years of experience as Senior Business Manager or above hierarchy.
- Attain at least 5 points to meet the Canadian Language Benchmark in listening, speaking, reading and writing in English or French.
Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program
The 8th draw of the stream invited 12 candidates altogether. The Nova Scotian officials conducted another draw on May 21, 2018, for the International Graduate Entrepreneur which fetched two candidates with 60 points. Similarly, International Graduate Entrepreneur stream targets graduates from the Nova Scotia Community College or a Nova Scotia university. Only those eligible applicants who have purchased a business or started a new business which they have been operating for the last one year and are a post-graduate on work permit. Such candidates are considered for permanent residency if they wish to reside permanently in the province. This stream is based on Expression of Interest format which is similar to the Entrepreneur stream. You can apply based on information from news of through an Agent or Lawyer.
Nova Scotia International Graduate Entrepreneur
- Expression of Interest
- Invitation to Apply
- Personal Interview and Nomination
- Fill up application for Permanent Residence
Eligibility for Nova Scotia International Graduate Entrepreneur
- Applicants must have the desire to settle in Nova Scotia permanently and own or actively participate or manage business in the province of Nova Scotia.
- Applicants must have at least one year of unbreakable experience of owning or managing the present Nova Scotia business (100 per cent of ownership).
- Applicants must have completed a degree or diploma along with at least two academic years of full-time course, in-person study at the Nova Scotia Community College or at a Nova Scotia University.
- Applicants must have a valid post-graduation Work Permit.
- Applicants must score at least 7 point to meet the Canadian Language Benchmark in listening, speaking, reading and writing in English or French.
Recommended: Latest jobs for immigrants in Nova Scotia.
A draw was conducted on May 21, 2018 by the Nova Scotia Immigration officials under its Entrepreneur and Graduate Entrepreneur streams. About Eighteen candidates were given invitation to Apply for Nova Scotia Immigration. These candidates had the lowest rank of 123 points to apply. Similarly, draw conducted on May 27, 2018 witnessed 22 invitations to candidates with minimum score of 108 for the lowest-rank to apply.
In the pasts six months, the lowest minimum score has been 90 for the highest number of invitations out 36 draws recorded so far. The Nova Scotia Entrepreneur stream is aimed towards candidates who own a business or have minimum one year of experience at management level. They must be residence in Nova Scotia, have a startup for a business and are completely involved in every day management of that business. Note that applicants may be required to obtain Labour Market Impact Assessment as a proof of professional experience in the FSW immigration stream.
Related Questions about Nova Scotia PNP
- how to apply nova scotia immigration
- what is nova scotia immigration
- why nova scotia for immigration