Advantages Of Using The Open Work Permit As an Immigration Tool To Canada.
There are various advantages of using the Open work permit as an immigration tool to Canada.
An open work permit is that which is not job specific. Most times, you will not have to pay the open work permit holder fee. anybody with this work permit can work under any Canadian employer even if the offer letter has not been received. The Open work permit was introduced by the Canadian government to allow foreign workers and students seek job opportunities in Canada.
Those Who can apply
You can get this permit if you are.,
1) if you are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution.
2) If you are the spouse of a common law partner or a skilled worker or international student.
3) If you are a young worker participating in special programs
4) If you are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence.
5) If you re student who is no longer able to meet the cost of your studies.
Types of open Work Permit
There are two types of open work permits:
- unrestricted (allowing foreign nationals to work in any occupation and location)
- restricted (restricting the occupation or the location)
To be eligible, you have to be
1) A foreign student: Here, the spouse of the foreign student should not be a full-time student. Only the normal foreign student should be undergoing a full-time educational program. This program must be in a publicly funded diploma.
2) Principal Foreign worker: The foreign worker should be employed at a management level and the employer must be Canadian. The principal foreign worker must work in Canada for atleast 6 months.